One of the responsibilities that comes with being a homeowner, is taking care of your Oklahoma City Garbage Disposals service needs. By teaming up with the crew here at “A Perfect Fit” Plumbing & Gas Co. you can rest assured that you are getting the best of the best when it comes to your service needs. We take great pride in the work that we do and that shows in the results that we get, for each and every job – including taking care of garbage disposals.
Your garbage disposal serves an essential function in your household, as well as helps things running smoothly. You and your family have probably come to rely on this appliance as a part of your day to day plumbing service needs. And now we want to be a part of helping you take care of this system so that it is always running. Whether you need installation, inspection, maintenance or repairs – we can help with that.
Garbage Disposal Experts
In theory, your garbage disposal is a simple device; a motor that drives rotating impellers that, in turn, grind up food waste and organic matter so that it can be flushed down the sink drain. However, even it is seems simple, the system is a bit complex and there are may things that can wrong with it. When our Oklahoma City Plumbers work with you, we can even help determine if your system needs repairs or replacement. Keep in mind, if your repair costs will end up being greater than 50% of the current value of your system, it makes more sense to replace, in most cases.
Oklahoma City Garbage Disposals
Of course to get prolonged life from your system, there are some tips you can follow:
- It should go without saying but you should never place your hand inside the disposal; even if it is not turned on this is not a risk worth taking.
- Do not put hard objects in the disposal, such as plastic or metal. Follow the guidelines for your individual system; some are capable of handling materials like gristle and others are not.
- Bones, metal and anything stringy does not belong in the disposal.
- Do not use chemical drain cleaners in the disposal for cleaning
- Use a strong flow of cold water to help with grinding waste.
- Cold will help harden grease in order to help prevent it from clogging your drain lines or passing into the sewer.
- Continue to let the water flow for a minute after you have finished grinding.
So when it comes to getting the service you need for your Oklahoma City garbage disposals, you can count on us.
Recent Blog Posts on Garbage Disposals
Oklahoma City garbage disposals do not liquefy garbage, as is often assumed. They merely chop larger food chunks into small particles that allow them to be swept away down the drain.....Read more